Friday, January 30, 2009

A Featureless Friday

I haven't been surfing the web all that much, so I don't have any funny links or pictures. I've spent the last few days hanging out with friends (see previous post) so I haven't been doing the reading I normally do. Much of my energy for socio-politial writing has been going towards school. My disk defragmentor wouldn't work for C: drive because I didn't have enough space left on it, so I copied all of my various and sundry writing folders, and tossed them into my D: drive, akin to dumping all of your paperwork into a box in order to vacuum (what? you mean you don't store all your important papers on the floor? How Bizarre! How else will you know where they are if you don't have to step over them every day?), so I'm a bit too disorganized to go in and fish out some near-complete essays to finish. I've been doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen, and listening to weighty lectures on my IPod, so I'm not in a very humorous mood today.

Aha! I garnered a book of quotations from my folks the last time I was there, so I'll do a few Random Acts of Quotation!

Politicians:
"A conservative politician is one in office." Columbia Record

"Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even when there is no river." Nikita Khrushchev

"A political war is one in which everyone shoots from the lip." Raymond Moley

Repentance:

'The best part of repentance is the sinning." Arab Proverb

Others:

"If you try to cleanse others, like soap you will waste away in the process." African Proveb

Luck:

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit!" R.E. Shay

No comments: